At the Online Learning Consortium’s Blended Learning Conference!

Blended Learning 2015 roup Photo

I am at the Online Learning Consortium’s (OLC) Blended Learning Conference in Denver. The actual conference does not start until tomorrow. Most of my day was taken up with a business meeting of the OLC Board of Directors. In the evening, I had dinner (photo above) with many of the members of the planning committee for the first Blended Learning Conference in 2003. Colleagues above are: Karen Swan (U of Illinois – Springfield), Joel Hartman (U of Central Florida (UCF)), Patsy Moskal (UCF), Mary Niemiec (U of Nebraska), Tanya Joosten (U of Wisconsin – Milwaukee), Chuck Dziuban (UCF), and yours truly.  All of us have attended every Blended Learning Conference over the past twelve years. There was a great spirit and energy as we discussed passed conferences and the future of online and blended learning. In addition to discussions about our families, our scholarship, and the work at our home institutions, we talked about research, social media, content creation and distribution. Meg Benke (SUNY Empire State) and Dale Johnson (Arizona State U) joined us a bit later. Meg and Dale discussed the workshop they would be doing tomorrow on adaptive learning.

It was an enjoyable evening in the company of dear colleagues and the reason why I keep coming back to this conference each year.