Anthony G. Picciano is a professor in the Education Leadership Program at Hunter College and the Ph.D. Program in Urban Education at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY). He is also a member of the faculty in the masters program in Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences and the doctoral certificate program in Interactive Pedagogy and Technology at the CUNY Graduate Center, and the CUNY Online BA Program in Communication and Culture. In 1998, Dr. Picciano co-founded CUNY Online, a multi-million dollar initiative funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation that provided support services to faculty using the Internet for course development. He was a founder and continues to serve on the Board of Directors of the Online Learning Consortium (formerly the Sloan Consortium). Dr. Picciano’s research interests are leadership, education policy, Internet-based teaching and learning, and multimedia instructional models. Dr. Picciano has conducted major national studies with Jeff Seaman on the extent and nature of online and blended learning in American K-12 school districts. He has authored numerous articles and speaks/presents at conferences on education and technology. He has authored twenty books including:
- Picciano, A.G. and edited by Elaine Bowden (2022). The computer wasn’t in the basement anymore: My fifty + years in education technology (1970-2021). New York: Bookbaby Publishers.
- Picciano, A.G., Dziuban, C., Graham, C. & Moskal, P. (2022). Blended learning: Research perspectives, volume 3. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis, Publishers.
- DeMichele, Gerade – novel under pen name (2020). Our bathtub wasn’t in the kitchen anymore. New York: Bookbaby Publishers.
- Jordan, C. & Picciano, A.G. (2020). The community college in the post-recession reform era: Aims and outcomes of a decade of experimentation. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis, Publishers.
- Picciano, A.G. (2019). Online education: Foundations, planning, and pedagogy. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis, Publishers.
- Picciano, A.G. & Jordan, C. (2018). CUNY’s first years: Triumphs and ordeals of a people’s university. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis).
- Dziuban, C.D., Graham, C.R., Ko, S. Moskal, P., Pacansky-Brock, M., Picciano, A.G., Rossen, S., Stein, J., and Ubell, R. (2018). Online & Blended Learning: The Complete Volumes. New York: Routledge/Taylor and Francis. This is an anthology of books on online learning.
- Picciano, A.G. (2017). Online education policy and practice: The past, present, and future of the digital university. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- Dziuban, C., Picciano, A.G., Graham, C. & Moskal, P. (2016). Conducting research in online and blended learning environments: New pedagogical frontiers. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- Picciano, A.G., Dziuban, C., & Graham, C. (2014). Blended learning: Research perspectives, volume 2. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- Picciano, A.G. & Spring, J. 2013). The Great American education-industrial complex: Ideology, technology, and profit. New York: Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
- Picciano, A.G. (2011). Educational Leadership and Planning for Technology, 5th Edition. New York: Pearson.
- Picciano, A.G. and Dzuiban, C. (2007). Blended learning: Research perspectives, volume 1 (2007, The Sloan Consortium)
- Picciano, A.G. (2006). Data-driven decision making for effective school leadership. New York: Pearson.
- Picciano, A.G. (2004). Educational research primer. London: (Continuum)
- Picciano, A.G. (2001). Distance learning: Making connections across virtual space and time New York: Pearson.
- Picciano, A.G. (1994). Computers in the Schools: A Guide to Planning and Administration. New York: Macmillan.
Dr. Picciano was elected to the inaugural class of the Sloan Consortium’s Fellows in 2010, in recognition of “outstanding publications that have advanced the field of online learning.” Dr. Picciano was also the 2010 recipient of the Sloan Consortium’s National Award for Outstanding Achievement in Online Education by an Individual in 2010.
Visit Dr. Picciano’s website at: http://anthonypicciano.com
Your personality is quite fascinating is sir.
he is wonderful
i’ll learn him
thank you topic
Thank you for introducing us to biographical Dr. Picciano
Such mothers will often be stuck in minimum wage jobs and have little opportunity
to pursue education and training which will enable her to boost your financial future.
Furthermore, they have to give you a justification for suitably accept the grant, possess States citizenship or why not be an eligible outsiders,
along with a ss #. WHAT TYPES OF SINGLE PARENT GOVERNMENT GRANTS ARE OUT THERE.
Visit your community Department regarding Human Services business or implement online for government added benefits.
This voucher also can be utilized towards the purchase of
your home also, provided that the house is considered to become practical and suited for
Feel free to visit my blog post … school loans and grants for single mothers