Rationale for this Blog

Posted in Uncategorized on November 14th, 2009 by apicciano – Be the first to comment | Edit

Dear Colleagues,

I originally started this blog to discuss issues related to my areas of scholarship namely technology, education policy and leadership, education research, and urban education.  However, as I started making entries, I found myself posting as much on current events and generic education-related issues.   This blog now basically represents scholarly articles, stories and issues that I read during my daily review of newspapers, professional journals and social networking activities.   Also given how busy many of us are in trying to keep up with all that is going on, I will do my best to be efficient in the length and style of my postings and as  much as possible refer readers to other material where they can delve more deeply if they wish.

I hope all who visit it find a tidbit or two that is illuminating.

6 comments

1. John,

Good question.

The CUNY Commons has a spam filter which I have little control over. In addition, all comments such as yours that do not originate from a CUNY email address are screened by myself before they can be posted on my blog. This is a touch more work for me but reduces significantly unwanted posts.

2. I would like to express some thanks to you just for bailing me out of this type of incident.
    Right after researching through the search engines and coming
    across proposals which were not productive, I thought my life was well over.
    Living without the presence of answers to the issues you’ve solved all through the report is a serious case, as well as the ones which may have in a negative way damaged my career if I had not come across your web blog. That ability and kindness in taking care of all the stuff was helpful. I don’t know what I would
    have done if I hadn’t come upon such a step like this. I’m able to at this time relish my future.
    Thanks for your time so much for your professional and result oriented help.
    I will not hesitate to propose your blog post to anybody who needs and wants guidelines
    about this subject matter.

3. Dear Dr. Piccianano, I came across your blog in my routine reading on news about MOOCs and wanted to say hello and let you know about what we’re doing at MOOC News and Reviews. I think some of the data analysis, case studies, student reviews, interviews with teachers and resource articles might be of interest to you and your readers. (Our “What is a MOOC” article, for example: http://moocnewsandreviews.com/what-is-a-massive-open-online-course-anyway-attempting-definition/)
    Please do pass along anything you see of interest and keep in touch about any MOOC related developments at CUNY and Hunter.

Yours,

Robert McGuire
    Editor, MOOC News and Reviews