Bill Clinton on Gun Control: ‘Do Not Patronize The Passionate Supporters of Your Opponents’!

This past week we have seen the president, a number of state governors and hundreds of mayors come out in support of gun control.  Most of us are proud that our elected officials are taking these steps.  Former President Bill Clinton while supporting these measures also had a word of caution for President Obama.

“Appearing before Obama’s National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” he said, according to Politico.

Clinton’s comments echoed similar thoughts from April 2012, when he advised Obama to not bother with gun-control legislation for cultural reasons.”

2 comments

1. I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s both equally
    educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on
    the head. The issue is something that not enough folks are speaking intelligently
    about. I am very happy that I found this during my search for something regarding this.