On CUNY-TV Tonight and This Week: “CUNY’s First Fifty Years:  The Triumphs and Ordeals of a People’s University”

My colleague and co-author, Chet Jordan and I taped an interview in August for CUNY-TV’s EdCast, hosted by Linda Hirsch.  The subject of our interview was our new book, CUNY’s First Fifty Years:  The Triumphs and Ordeals of a People’s University.  Former President of Brooklyn College and Interim Chancellor of CUNY, Christoph Kimmich who reviewed it said:

“The CUNY story is a great story and the authors tell it well.  They pull together the University’s evolution and growth, track the benchmark decisions and the major crises, and explore its interactions with politics. Not too much arcane detail and generally enough background to satisfy readers who are not CUNY junkies.  Familiar though the story is for me, I still came across things that were new to me.  All in all, the authors accomplished much of what they set out to do: a character sketch, with illuminating vignettes of the major players and landmark events along the way. ”  – Christoph Kimmich

The progam will air tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. You can find further information at:  http://www.cuny.tv/show/edcast/PR2006486