Donna Brazile Replaces Debbie Wasserman Schultz!

Donna Brazile

In light of the recent WikiLeaks scandal plaguing the beginning of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Donna Brazile has been named the interim chair replacing Debbie Wasserman Schultz.  Here is The Huffington Post announcement reporting on Ms. Brazile’s apology for the inappropriate emails.

The Huffington Post

PHILADELPHIA ― Donna Brazile, the interim chair of the Democratic National Committee, apologized Monday for the party’s email leak.

“With a humble heart, I want to say something as your vice chair. I sincerely apologize, my friends, for those of you who took offense and were offended, for those of you who feel betrayed and were betrayed by the ridiculous and insensitive and inappropriate emails released from the Democratic Party,” Brazile said during a black caucus meeting at the Democratic National Convention.

WikiLeaks released 19,252 emails from “seven key figures” in the Democratic National Committee last week, some of which suggested that the DNC heavily favored Hillary Clinton’s campaign over that of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the former party chair, announced her resignation on Sunday.

Brazile, who is vice chair of the DNC and serving as interim chair until November, said the emails “do not reflect the spirit of the party.”

“This party of justice and peace and Lyndon Johnson,” she said. “This party of Barack Obama that has given 20 million Americans health care.”

A spokesperson for the FBI said Monday that the agency was investigating “a cyber intrusion involving the DNC.”

“A compromise of this nature is something we take very seriously, and the FBI will continue to investigate and hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace,” the statement read.