Dear Commons Community,
The Democratic National Convention (DNC) will begin tonight and last through Thursday, August 20th. The convention was originally planned for the week of July 13th, but was delayed due to the pandemic.
The convention was set to be held at the 17,000-seat Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee but has since been moved to the city’s Wisconsin Center. It will be the convention’s virtual production center.
The main events will be aired from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. EDT on each of the four nights, although there will also be daytime events starting at 9 a.m. The convention will be broadcast on the DNC’s website as well as on most major television networks, social media platforms and streaming services like Apple TV and Roku.
Below is the schedule of speakers that includes all of the major figures in the Democratic Party and at least one Republican, John Kasich, the former governor of Ohio.
Let the convention begin!
Here is the tentative schedule of speakers.
- Former first lady Michelle Obama
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.)
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D)
- Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.)
- Convention Chairman Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.)
- Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.)
- Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R)
- Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.)
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.)
- Former acting U.S. Attorney General Sally Yates
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)
- Former Secretary of State John Kerry (D)
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.)
- Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-Del.)
- Former President Bill Clinton (D)
- Dr. Jill Biden
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)
- Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), vice presidential nominee
- Former Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton (D)
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.)
- Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D)
- New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D)
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.)
- Former President Barack Obama (D)
- Former Vice President Joe Biden, presidential candidate
- Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D)
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.)
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.)
- Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.)
- The Biden family