LeBron James and Kevin Durant Give Laura Ingraham a Lesson in Democracy:  Everybody Has a Voice!

Earlier this week, Fox News host Laura Ingraham criticized LeBron James for expressing his political opinions with a “just shut up and dribble” comment. James made it clear yesterday that he has no intention of keeping his mouth shut.  As reported by various news media:

“[Lebron James].. will “talk about what’s really important” when it comes to the state of race relations in America.

“I will not just shut up and dribble,” James said during a media session. .”.. So, thank you, whatever her name is. … I get to sit up here and talk about what’s really important and how I can help change kids.”

James has used his platform and ability to reach people. He has criticized President Donald Trump and did so again in January when he and Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant sat down with ESPN and both issued strong comments condemning the leadership in the White House.

Ingraham’s comments — they included telling James to “keep the political commentary to yourself” — were in reference to the James/Durant interview.

James initially put a #wewillnotshutupanddribble hashtag on his Instagram account after hearing Ingraham’s remarks.

“It lets me know that everything I’ve been saying is correct for her to have that type of reaction,” James said Saturday of Ingraham. “But we will definitely not shut up and dribble. I will definitely not do that.

“I mean too much to society, I mean too much to the youth, I mean too much to so many kids that feel like they don’t have a way out and they need someone to help lead them out of the situation they’re in.”

Durant echoed James’ comment with some of his own on Saturday.

“I feel like everybody has a voice, especially with our own platforms, we can use our voices for good,” Durant said. “It’s not just me. I feel like everybody in this room has a voice and it’s getting louder and louder every day, so we’ve got to speak what we believe in, we’ve got to speak our truths, and we’ve got to keep it real out here.”

Ingraham needs a lesson in civics and that in a democratic society, everybody has the right to an opinion. She might not understand this given that she is a host on Fox News where she is given a script daily to distort news for her mostly Republican Party viewership.