Donald Trump, Jr.:  “When my father tells you to do something, guess what? There’s no ambiguity in it, there’s no, ‘Hey, I’m hoping’”

Various media are reporting that Donald Trump’s eldest son seemed to confirm fired FBI director James Comey’s account that the president expressed “hope” Comey would end the FBI investigation into former national security adviser Mike Flynn’s contacts with Russian officials, contradicting the president’s denial that he made such an appeal.

While defending his father in a Fox News interview with Jeanine Pirro on Saturday, the younger Trump said there would have been “no ambiguity” if the president had made the request to Comey during a Feb. 14 Oval Office meeting, despite the president and his personal lawyer disputing the exchange.

“When he tells you to do something, guess what? There’s no ambiguity in it, there’s no, ‘Hey, I’m hoping,’” Donald Trump Jr. told Pirro on Saturday, trying to explain that it could not have been a direct request. “You and I are friends: ‘Hey, I hope this happens, but you’ve got to do your job.’ That’s what he told Comey.”

Chalk one up for Comey in the  “he said – I said” battle that is brewing as  a result of the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee hearing last week.