14-Year-old Carson Huey-You to Graduate from TCU!

A big news item yesterday out of Texas was that 14-year-old Carson Huey-You, who is the youngest student ever to attend TCU, will graduate this Saturday and receive his physics diploma. 

Since enrolling in 2013 at Texas Christian University, 14-year-old Carson also double minored in math and Chinese, Noelle Walker of KXAS-TV (NBC5) reports

“It didn’t come easily. It really didn’t,” he told the station. “I knew I wanted to do physics when I was in high school, but then quantum physics was the one that stood out to me, because it was abstract. You can’t actually see what’s going on, so you have to sort of rely on the mathematics to work everything out.”

Carson will begin graduate school at TCU in the fall. 

Physics professor Magnus Rittby told The Dallas Morning News last year that sometimes he forgets Carson’s so young because he’s so advanced. 

Carson’s mother, Claretta Kimp, told NBC5 that math first caught his attention at 3 years old. His mother said he has been interested in math since he was 3 years old and that she realized her son had an eighth-grade comprehension of the subject when he was just a toddler. He went on to skip several grades and graduated high school at the age of 10. 

People are also interested in Carson’s younger brother, Cannan, who starts his undergraduate studies at TCU in the fall and plans to major in astrophysics and engineering. 

Congratulations to Carson and his entire family!