Afghanistan President Karzai: Afghans Die in “a War that Is Not Ours”!

In an interview published in The Washington Post, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai expressed anger at the U.S. government for a war that is “not ours”.

“To the American people, give them my best wishes and my gratitude. To the U.S. government, give them my anger, my extreme anger” Karzai said.

When asked whether the war has been worth the costs, Karzai told the paper:

“I am of two hearts here. When I see good, I am in approval. When I see the losses of Afghan people, our children, maimed and killed, I’m in disapproval,” he said, speaking in English. “Maybe I can give you an answer of yes or no two, three or five years from now, when my emotions have subsided. Right now, I’m full of emotions.’’

Karzai has long expressed anger over civilian casualties caused by American attacks, and he has delayed signing a security agreement that would allow some U.S. forces to remain in Afghanistan after 2014. President Obama has ordered the Pentagon to prepare for a full troop withdrawal at the end of 2014 should an agreement remain unsigned.

The war in Afghanistan will go down in history as another failed intervention by the United States.   As of February 28, 2014, in addition to the tens of thousands of Afghanistan soldiers, police and civilians killed, the United States Department of Defense  lists 2,175 service members as having died. What a sad waste of life.