Clint Eastwood’s Speech at the Republican National Convention!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHNVYRTKP8

The media was buzzing about Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican National Convention.  He even managed to make Republican Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker “cringe”.

Walker called the speech “that one moment, which I cringed about” on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Friday. The GOP governor said he would have rather seen more of Romney’s personal story than the 82-year-old actor mumbling and talking to an empty chair representing President Barack Obama.

“You hear some of his [Romney’s] opponents how he’s a robot, he’s mechanical. No, he’s just a private person who does amazing things and we saw some of that last night,” Walker said. “I just wish, frankly, I would have rather seen that than Clint Eastwood during the prime time.”

Eastwood was immediately mocked for his bizarre appearance, sparking several internet memes and leading film critic Roger Ebert to tweet the speech was “unworthy of him.”

2 comments

1. I have heard and read a number of pundits responding to Eastwood’s horrendous performance. But no one has mentioned the veiled racism in one part of his speech. He referred to the emotion that many of us felt at Obama’s victory speech, and how many of us, “including Oprah,” welled up. This was said in a sarcastic tone and the crowd reacted (as it always did when given the cue) with derisive laughter. I don’t see anything wrong with Oprah, or any other African American, welling up at this historic moment. His sarcasm was uncalled for, but maybe expected, since there were few African Americans in the audience.