Mitt Romney: Young People Don’t Understand How the Economy Works!

The Huffington Post is reporting that Mitt Romney in an interview with a local television network stated:

“the protesters rallying against Bank of America in Charlotte this week are too young “to really understand how the economy works.”

“Unfortunately, a lot of young folks haven’t had the opportunity to really understand how the economy works, and what it takes to put people to work in real jobs, and why we have banks, and what banks do,” Romney told WBTV in Charlotte, according to National Journal. “It’s a very understandable sentiment if you don’t find a job, and you can’t see rising incomes. You’re going to be angry and looking at someone to blame.”

Romney said the protesters’ blame should be targeted at “the president and the old school liberals that have not gotten this economy turned around.” He made a not-so-subtle 2012 push, insisting he’s the one who “understands how to get the economy going again.”

The protesters — which included Occupy Wall Street activists, environmentalists, pro-union advocates and victims of home foreclosures — held massive demonstrations outside of Bank of America’s shareholder meeting in Charlotte on Wednesday. Occupiers saw the event as a trial run ahead of September’s Democratic National Convention, which will have an increased police presence thanks to a City Council ordinance from earlier this year.

I am 64 years old and I love talking and discussing various issues about education, technology, and life in general with my students most of whom are in their twenties and thirties.  They are so smart and see and hear things in different ways.  I am proud to say that I learn from them. I would suggest that Mr. Romney take a chance and talk to some young people.  He may be surprised at what they know.