At OLC’s Accelerate Conference in Orlando!

Attend OLC Accelerate 2019 Orlando

I am at the Online Learning Consortium’s Accelerate Conference in Orlando, Florida.  Yesterday, I attended several presentations on blended learning, faculty evaluation, and using social media for instruction.  Onsite attendance at the conference was over 1,100.  Prior to COVID, attendance was 1,600. Last night, I had dinner with colleagues I have not seen since 2019 because of the pandemic. 

This morning I will be on a panel with Patsy Moskal and Chuck Dziuban discussing research on data analytics and adaptive learning.  Much of our discussion will focus on a new book that we are currently writing and editing on the same topic.  Below is the program’s description of our presentation.

If you are at the conference, please stop by.

Featured Session

Data Analytics and Adaptive Learning: Research Perspectives
Date: Wednesday, November 16th
Time: 9:45 AM to 10:30 AM
Conference Session: Concurrent Session 4
Session Modality: Onsite with Streaming
Lead Presenter: Patsy Moskal (University of Central Florida)
Co-presenters: Chuck Dziuban (University of Central Florida), Anthony Picciano (CUNY – Hunter College and Graduate Center)
Track: Research, Evaluation, and Learning Analytics
Location: Asia 4
Session Duration: 45min
Brief Abstract:This session will focus on current research on data analytics as used in adaptive learning environments and empowered by emerging data analysis techniques. It will center on examples of original research conducted by the most-talented scholars in the field. The substance of this session will be published in Data Analytics and Adaptive Learning: Research Perspectives (Routledge/Taylor & Francis) in 2023.