Former FBI Director James Comey to Hold Endowed Chair at Howard University!

The Chronicle of Higher Education is reporting that James Comey, the former director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, has been named as the opening convocation speaker at Howard University, the historically black college in Washington, D.C., and appointed the 2017-18 Gwendolyn S. and Colbert I. King Endowed Chair in Public Policy, according to a university news release.

Over the course of the year, Mr. Comey will lead a lecture series that includes five lectures with an array of speakers, the release said. He is expected to announce the topics of the lectures at a later date after consultation with the campus community.

Mr. Comey’s “expertise and understanding of the challenges we continue to face today will go a long way in sparking rich discussion and advancing meaningful debates across campus,” said Wayne A.I. Frederick, president of Howard.

For his part, Mr. Comey said he was honored to hold the endowed chair this year. “Howard has a longstanding history of being a vibrant academic community and the perfect place to have rich dialogue on many of the most pressing issues we face today,” he said. “I look forward to contributing to this remarkable institution and engaging students and faculty alike.”

Kudos to Howard University for this appointment!