Ron Paul – Saving the Republican Party and Getting Out of Perpetual Wars!

Yesterday, presidential candidate, Ron Paul, made several bold statements about the Republican Party and its penchant for militarism.

“The truth is, I’m trying to save the Republican Party from themselves because they want perpetual wars, they don’t care about presidents who assassinate American citizens, they don’t care about searching our houses without search warrants, .. Paul said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

Responding to a question about whether he’d continue running for office, he said, “The votes haven’t been counted. … There’s no way I’m going to quit speaking out on this, and there’s no way I’m going to give up on the effort to get the Republicans back to their roots.”

The Texas representative criticized the way that Republicans, as well as the Obama administration, have been handling the Afghanistan War.

“It was a waste, there’s not gonna be a happy ending, and I think the Republicans have dug a hole for themselves because they’re trying to out-militarize the president, say ‘we should do more.’ Yet 75 percent of the American people say ‘we’ve had enough’,” he said.

The Huffington Post reported that  a  recent poll showed that support for the war in Afghanistan has hit an all-time low among Americans. Sixty-eight percent think the war is going badly, and 69 percent think the U.S. should not be involved anymore.