John Boehner on Congress – We Have Some of the Smartest People in America and Some of the Dumbest!!

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, House Majority Leader John Boehner commented on his colleagues in the United States Congress.  To quote:

“We got 435 members. It’s just a slice of America, it really is. We got some of the smartest people in the country who serve here, and some of the dumbest. We got some of the best people you’d ever meet, and some of the raunchiest. We’ve got ’em all.”

Regarding President Obama:

As for the president, “he and I get along fine. But boy do we have big differences.”

Mr. Boehner turns to the debt ceiling struggle of six months ago: “We had a little rough spot last summer. I would argue he moved the goal posts, and blew up negotiations about the debt deal.”

Congress needs “to show . . . that in spite of our differences we can find common ground to do the work of the American people. But I’ll just say this. There’s nobody who tried harder last year with the president to do the right thing. There’s nobody who walked further out on a limb than I did to try to get him to do the right thing. And one of my greatest disappointments was not getting an agreement.”

He is talking the talk.  I hope he can walk the walk.