Dear Commons Community,
I am traveling today to attend the annual Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C) Accelerate Conference. Marking its 25th Anniversary, the theme of this year’s conference is Accelerating Online Learning Worldwide: The Next 25 Years!
OLC Accelerate emphasizes research and networking and provides a comprehensive list of sessions and activities to appeal to a wide area of interest. The conference tracks and exhibits represent a cross section of timely eLearning topics, offering something for everyone involved in providing the highest quality educational experiences in 2019.
The program and speakers are first-rate and include keynotes by Talithia Williams, associate professor at Harvey Mudd College and Ross Dawson, Chairman of the Future Exploration Network. All of the details about the program are available at the Conference website.
Below is a welcome and overview from the Program Co-Chairs. I will be giving a featured session on Wednesday and an education session on Thursday. Please stop by.
OLC Accelerate Welcome!
We are excited to be able to outline some of the most exciting, innovative research and best practices in the field of digital learning today at our upcoming OLC Accelerate conference. This year we reflect back on the incredible changes that have occurred in the online learning space over the last two and a half decades as well as look forward at all of the new and upcoming technologies, tools, and pedagogical innovations that our colleagues worldwide have begun successfully implementing within their digital learning spaces.
OLC Accelerate will be held in Orlando, FL November 19-22, 2019 and we are excited to continue to expand the depth and breadth to our conference agenda with exciting programming, networking opportunities online and face-to-face with your colleagues, as well as a myriad of informal opportunities for OLC attendees to engage and connect with OLC staff and volunteers, and to learn how to become more involved in our organization in future years yourselves. Some examples of exciting items to be on the lookout for include:
- 500+ incredible presentations by speakers from around the world
- Exciting new presentation formats with highly-interactive, speaker-and-participant Gamified Sessions, interactive Discovery Sessions, Express Workshops, Education Sessions, and even a separate session type for Graduate Student Discovery Sessions.
- Exhibit hall featuring ~80 of your very favorite vendors, where you can engage with company entrepreneurs and experience firsthand innovative solutions that may help your organization enrich its digital learning processes and services. Preview the exhibit hall during our Tuesday pre-conference access day.
- Interactive and personal discussions with OLC Volunteers and staff during opportunities such as Talk-abouts and our Field Guide program
- Unmatched in-person as well as virtual networking with the OLC Accelerate community of online, digital, and blended learning peers and leaders. Informal opportunities like networking breaks, the exhibit floor, and the Discovery Sessions are ideal for exploring solutions to the challenges you and your institution face through discussions with others who have overcome those very same challenges.
- Leadership gatherings including the OLC Leadership Network Event, the OLC Digital Learning Research Summit, an IELOL Mastery Class, the IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Advocacy) Leadership in Digital Learning Luncheon, and many others
- New for 2019: OLC Instructional Designer Summit (more details coming soon)
OLC Accelerate 2019 provides all attendees, both on-site and virtual, with an exceptionally collaborative, reflective opportunity to explore and share our best practices and innovations. We hope you will travel with us as we move toward Accelerating Online Learning Worldwide: The Next 25 Years!
Explore the site to learn more and Register today!
Conference Chairs, OLC Accelerate 2019
Coastal Carolina University
Tracy Mullen Cosker
University of New Hampshire
Online Learning Consortium
Online Education Initiative (FHDA)