Day 1 of the ACCELERATE Conference in Orlando!

I spent the morning at the Online Learning Consortium’s meeting of the Board of Directors.  The Consortium has had a good year under the leadership of Executive Director Kathleen Ives.  We said goodbye to Joel Hartman from the University of Central Florida whose term on the Board expires next month.  Joel was a first-rate Board member who provided the Consortium with sage advice during his years with us.  Marie Cini from the University of Maryland University College, ended her term as President and will be replaced by Eric Fredericksen from the University of Rochester.  Marie has led the Consortium well and I am sure that Eric will do likewise.  

In the afternoon, I attended the Leadership Network Session, an annual event which brings together college leaders who discuss important issues related to online education.  This session was kicked-off by Doug Lederman, the Editor of Inside Higher Ed, with whom I had pleasant conversation last night about the state of our colleges and universities.  In the evening, eight of us had dinner at Shula’s, one of the hotel’s restaurants. 

Today the regular sessions start and will conclude with a keynote by Matthew Luhn of Pixar.