Khizr Khan Implores John McCain to Renounce Donald Trump!

Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father and Muslim American who emerged as one of Donald Trump’s most compelling critics during the Democratic National Convention, is now calling on Republicans to pull their support for the presidential nominee over his proposal to ban Muslims from entering the United States.

Earlier this week,  he appealed directly to one GOP lawmaker in particular: Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).  As reported in The Huffington Post:

“I implore Senator McCain … I continue to implore all of the good Republicans who either support or are going to vote for their party’s candidate, this will be a historic moment in the Republican Party,” Khan said in an interview with Cronkite News, the news division of Arizona PBS.

“If you publicly rebuked him, you will look back and you will stand tall in front of the nation and you will say you were not for this, we were for [a] better America,” he said.

Khan, whose son, Humayun, was a U.S. Army captain killed in Iraq while protecting his troops, is a big fan of McCain’s. He called the Arizona senator “my and my family’s hero” and said one of the last talks he had with his son was about McCain’s book, Why Courage Matters.

How can McCain say no to this guy?

McCain campaign spokeswoman Lorna Romero declined to comment on whether the senator would un-endorse Trump. Instead, she pointed to a lengthy statement he put out last week praising the Khan family and dismissing Trump’s proposed ban.”

Khizr Khan is not going away quitely as I am sure Donald Trump and his campaign staff would hope.