Joe Scarborough Lashes Out at Rush Limbaugh and Fox News!

During yesterday’s Morning Joe program on MSNBC, host Joe Scarborough lashed out at the conservative “media culture” telling viewers that Rush Limbaugh and Fox News have not been good for the Republican party.   As reported in The Huffington Post:

“Scarborough urged Republicans to look beyond those two outlets. “Just for conservatives that think they have to stay in their own little media world, since Rush Limbaugh went on the air and became a national figure, Republicans have lost five out of the last six presidential elections in the popular vote,” he said. “Since Fox News went on the air in 1996, Republicans have lost four out of the five last —”

“Please keep doing what you’re doing,” co-host Mika Brzezinski joked.

“When Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon had to go up against a media culture that absolutely hated them… and there were no conservative outlets, they won 49 states,” Scarborough continued. He said that he turns to conservative outlets as well as mainstream media, but added, “for people who think they have to stay in the little box, I got bad news for you: it’s not working.”

The MSNBC host has been a vocal critic of conservative media, who he once said are “destroying the Republican party everyday,” he said in December. Scarborough has also raged against conservative bloggers — or as he calls them, “the Cheetos brigade” — for calling him and others a RINO (“Republican in name only”).

I would add that Rush Limbaugh and Fox News are making a fortune playing to the ears of the extreme right-wing conservatives.  They will never give it up.

2 comments

1. What baffles me is why Rush Limbaugh who has no trouble “Blasting/Smearing/Attacking” any conservative that steps out of line (Just ask poor Marco Rubio, and all the way back to Judd Gregg) – but nary a word about Scarborough. He could destroy Scarborough in a single show.

When Scarborough is most attacking the Republicans one day, the next day is an anti-Obama innuendo fest.

Rush Limbaugh controls the conservative Press,,,,you won’t hear single attack against Joe by any of his Wanna-Be’s – I think they “have been told”.

Scarborough is a leopard that hasn’t changed his spots,,,if one day he could not say “entitlement Spending, Medicare, Mediaid and Social Security need to be addressed” in less than 10 minutes after the show open – as it that is the only silver bullet,,, maybe I would think he is the same Joe Scarborough – with a new gig for now.

Yes, the Republicans are a mess,,,,,and Scarborough wants them to return. I still think he (part of the contract for America – very like the Tea Party) is part of the Get Off My Lawner division of Republicans whose only goal has been the same – Destroy every Democratic Legacy…..Rush and Joe may be better pals than we would like to accept.