Newt Gingrich Tears into Fox News!!

More fallout from the Republican Presidential Primary.  Fox News, the Republican Party’s major media mouthpiece, has take a couple of knocks from the Republcian candidates.  The latest is Newt Gingrich who tore into Fox News yesterday during a meeting with Tea Party leaders in Delaware, saying that his former network home has been deeply biased against him.  The Huffington Post reported:

“I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through,” Gingrich said, according to Real Clear Politics. “In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we’re more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That’s just a fact.”

Gingrich’s comments echo those of Rick Santorum, another former Fox News contributor. Both were dropped by the network when they began their presidential bids, and both have accused Fox News of favoring frontrunner Romney over them. Santorum even said it directly to Fox News host Brian Kilmeade.

“He has Fox News shilling for him every day — no offense, Brian, but I see it,” he told Kilmeade.

What is all the more remarkable is that, for a long time, Romney had near-poisonous relations with Fox News.

In his remarks, Gingrich said that he thinks Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch made the call to favor Romney. “I assume it’s because Murdoch at some point said, ‘I want Romney,’ … “And there’s no question that Fox had a lot to do with stopping my campaign because such a high percentage of our base watches Fox.”

And we thought that Fox News was the “fair and balanced” network!

One comment